Sunday, August 15, 2010

YOG!

I feel so Proud to be a Singaporean!
First things first. National day was a great day for me. Its was the first day in years that I sang the national anthem and said the pledge. Little did I know how much of an impact it had on me until that day. When I sang the song, my heart was rested. In my mind was a thrill, an excitment I hadnt felt before...the nostalgia of being back home. I dont want to be cornny, but "this is home, truely where I know i must be."

Next thing, The Youth Olympic Games! Its pretty exciting for Singapore to host this historical event. The first ever YOG, and it's taking place in Singapore. Hello people? Wake up! =) Smell the roses, look around you, there is no greter satisfaction for a country then to host a special event for the whole world to participate in. I mean, this may be the youth of olympics, the happy meal of mcdonalds, the jr.whopper, the shuffle of the ipods...but this, is GREAT!
I experienced my first olympic event today, and better yet, I was there to cheer on my cousin Cheryl in the 50m breast stroke. She didnt do too bad, made it to the semi-finals...didnt make it into the finals. Her best event in still to come this friday, the 200m breast stroke! Im extremely proud that she's now an Olympian. LEGIT. I wish I had a camera to take snapshots of my memories...